|1909 – Colville Public Library Improvement Club established on September 14th by ten women for the purpose of “mutual improvement to aid in beautifying town and for other purposes useful and practical that may come to our notice.”|
1911 – First ‘book shower’/reception with a book as admission price. The Colville Public Library officially opens with 318 books at B. W. Emery Paint & Paper Store. Year ended with twenty active members.
1917 – Donated and sent literature, books and magazines to soldiers in camps and cantonments.
1922 – Created a public library building fund.
1932 – Colville Public Library built, at the cost of $5,000 dollars, with a collection of 5,000 titles, and was presented to the City of Colville.
1934 – Marked 25 years of volunteer service.
1946 – First full-time librarian to receive salary.
1950 – Minnie Prindle Miller bequeathed $18, 600 dollars for expansion to include reading and children’s room.
1959 – Marked 50 years of volunteer service.
1980 – Circulation for the month of June totaled 4,756 books.
1990 – Computerized circulation system installed.
1992 – Memorial Rose Garden established.
2004 – First male member admitted to Improvement Club.
2006 – “The Reading Tree” metal sculpture donated and installed above the circulation desk.
2008 – “Welcome Baby” kits supplied to Mount Carmel Hospital as a part of the American Library Association’s “Born to Read” program.
2009 – Marked 100 years of volunteer service, making the Improvement Club the longest continuing group in the City of Colville. Thirty-six members donate approximately 132 hours a month and shelve approximately 12,000 books a month!
2011 - Funds of gifted mining stock used for renovation of the library, including improved lighting and a new children's area.
2012 - All members individually honored by the City of Colville as Volunteer of the Year.