With a library card you have access to the books and other materials owned by the Chewelah, Colville, Kettle Falls and Stevens County libraries through the online catalog at thelosc.org. When what you want is not in any of these libraries, you may want to use our Interlibrary Loan service. Out of county residents will be referred to their local library for Interlibrary Loan services.
Free and convenient Interlibrary Loan is our goal. However, borrowing items from other libraries is not without costs, so patrons are asked to consider the following:
- If a specific title you want is not available in the catalog, consider substituting a similar title from the collection.
- Patrons who are enrolled in higher education courses or programs are encouraged to use the library resources of the educational institution where they are enrolled.
- It may take one to three weeks to obtain a book from another library.
- Please be ready to use the materials immediately because the loan period may be short and is not renewable.
- Non book items generally are not available for interlibrary loan.
- Because materials borrowed from other libraries are not renewable, requests for interlibrary loans will be limited.
- Patrons with overdue materials or charges will not be able to request interlibrary loans until materials are returned or charges are cleared.