- About Us
- Contact Us
- How do I..?
You are here
Obtaining a Library Card
Only one library card is needed to access all eight of the libraries or any Stevens County Library District facility (Locations & Hours).
- Fill out an application at your local Stevens County Library facility. You may print and fill out an Application before coming to your library.
- Bring your photo identification to show with your name and current physical address.
- If you’re under 17, we need parent or guardian’s signature.
Checking out Materials
- Books and other materials have varying circulation periods, from one week to four weeks.
- Most items may be renewed by calling, coming into the library, or by going online.
- Do it yourself from the library’s computers, from any computer that accesses the Internet, or ask a library staff person. Sign up for a PIN number at your library.
- When an item you requested is available, you will be notified by email or phone.
- Because there is more than one library location, please note where the item is being held for you and then pick up the item WITHIN 7 DAYS.
- Books borrowed from libraries outside of the system (Interlibrary Loans) may not be renewed, therefore we ask that you limit those requests.
- As of January 1, 2011, the library will only send email notices for overdue items.
- As of January 1, 2011, the library does not charge fines for overdue items, but will charge the cost of items that are lost, damaged or not returned.
- All of the library locations have book returns where materials may be left when the library is closed, even if the item is overdue.
- Suspension of borrowing privileges: Borrowing privileges of patrons owing $6.00 or more are suspended until payment is made or if you have more than 5 items overdue. Accounts 60 days overdue and totaling $25.00 or more may be referred to a collection agency