Curbside Service Laptop Use
Laptops available now
Libraries of Stevens County is now offering laptops for curbside use. Patrons may use a laptop computer from a library parking lot or outside seating area for up to one hour of use. Printing can be done from any laptop to the public printer at your branch. Up to ten pages is free. These devices are intended to help community members with limited or no computer/internet access. .
Due to social distancing requirements, Library Staff will be unable to provide extensive tech help at this time. They will only be able to provide very limited troubleshooting services.
LOSC is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expense resulting from use or misuse of this device, nor information accessed or shared while using this device. Use of a library owned electronic device constitutes an agreement to abide by the Electronic Information Access, Rules of Conduct, and Wi-Fi Usage policies.
These devices were made possible thanks to a Stevens County CARES grant to provide access and services in areas with limited resources and connectivity.
Each laptop is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to the next user. Keyboards have a protective sleeve for cleaning and instructional stickers to assist you with use. Reserve a laptop at your library here – we’ll have it ready for you!
How do I reserve time with a laptop?
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Juvenile patrons may utilize laptops, but the responsible party must check it out. Permission can be established via phone call with the responsible party.
- You must be a library card holder in good standing (current address & phone number verified; no fines totaling more than $6)
- You must fill out a LOSC Loan Agreement Form each time you borrow a device
- can check out one device per library card for up to one hour per library business day.
- can print up to 10 pages free, courtesy of the Libraries of Stevens County Foundation!
- must return the device within the one-hour loan period AND/OR 15 minutes prior to closing directly to LOSC staff. Do not place this device into a bookdrop or you will be subject to the cost of damages.
- must restart the device prior to returning it to staff. This will clear personal information from your laptop session.
You can now checkout the internet from your library!
Reserve a Verizon or AT&T hotspot and take your internet on the go! Test your cellular connection from home and see if a hotspot device would work for you.
Read about hotspots here: thelosc.org/mobile-hotspots
Reserve a hotspot here: catalog.thelosc.org