Mobile Hotspots for Checkout
Libraries of Stevens County is now offering hotspots for checkout. These hotspots provide internet access via a cellular connection to your devices through the Verizon or AT&T networks.
Library card users can check out a mobile hotspot for 28 days. These devices are intended to help county residents with limited or no internet access with connectivity and/or test coverage at their home for the Verizon network.
LOSC is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expense resulting from use or misuse of this device, nor information accessed or shared while using this device. Use of a hotspot constitutes an agreement to abide by the Electronic Information Access policy.
These devices and cellular service are made possible through CARES grants from Stevens County and Washington State Library, in partnership with Verizon and AT&T, to provide access in areas with limited resources and connectivity.
The Verizon Orbic is a pocket-sized device for internet on the go utilizing the Verizon cellular network. Connect up to 10 devices simultaneously, from laptops to gaming systems to smartphones. The 10-hour battery provides ample time for browsing the web, checking email, and more!
How do I request a device?
Eligibility Requirements to checkout a hotspot include:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be a library card holder in good standing
- may renew the device once for an additional two weeks if no one is waiting
- must return it by the due date. Any device not returned will have service suspended three days past the due date, rendering the device inoperable
- can only check out one device per household/card
To connect a computer or mobile device to a hotspot:
- Press and hold the Power button until network information appears on the display then release. Wait for the “4G” screen to appear.
- Push the Power button/Power & Menu buttons to scroll through and view all the screens.
- On your device (tablet, laptop, etc) go to the Wireless Network Settings. Select the Hotspot Network and enter the password.
- To test, launch a web browser then navigate to a website.
- Press and hold the Power button to turn off when not in use. To recharge, gently connect the charging cord to the device and plug into a power source.
All devices and services are available through your local Verizon or AT&T retailer. We are unable to give pricing for these devices and services.
Need help requesting a device? Want more details? Call us!