How Do I...?
All residents or property owners in Stevens County are able to receive a library card free of charge. Only one library card is needed to access all eight of the libraries or any Stevens County Library District facility.
Fill out our online library card registration form.
This will be a temporary, 7 day library card to access our online resources and Overdrive collection.
You will need to visit a library location to receive a library card with a permanent number to continue using the online services and/or library locations. Please bring your photo identification and proof of address.
Fill out an application at your local Stevens County Library facility. You may print and fill out an Application before coming to your library or sign up at the desk. Please bring your photo identification and proof of your current physical address (if different from the address on your photo identification).
- Please note, if you’re under 17, we need parent or guardian’s signature and permission to use computers with internet access.
Non-Resident Fees: Non-residents are able to receive a card with the payment of a fee. Please see our Eligibilty For Use policy or your local library for more details. The non-resident fee covers all members of a household living at the same address. Non-resident fees may be paid annually, semi-annually, or quarterly.
- 3 Months = $22.50
- 6 Months = $45.00
- 1 Year = $90.00
There are three ways to renew library materials:
- You can renew online by logging into My Account and entering your library card number and PIN.
- You can renew materials by phone. You can find your local library branch phone number on our Locations page.
- You can renew materials in person at your local branch. You do not have to bring the materials with you to renew them.
Some materials may not be renewable if they are being requested by another patron, or if they have reached the renewal limit. Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials may not be renewed.
With a library card you have access to books and other materials owned by the Chewelah, Colville, Hunters, Kettle Falls, Lakeside, Loon Lake, Northport, and Onion Creek libraries through our online catalog.
- You can request an item yourself from a library computer or from any computer/device with Internet access by logging into My Account and entering your library card number and PIN.
- You can also request an item by asking a library staff person, either in person or over the phone.
When what you want is not in any of these libraries, you can request the item using the Request Library Material form.
- Some requests are fulfilled by purchasing the item and adding it to the library’s catalog.
- Other requests are fulfilled through the Interlibrary Loan service, which allows the Libraries of Stevens County to borrow materials from other library systems.
- Please note that not all requests can be fulfilled; possible reasons for not being able to fulfill a request are budget constraints and limited availability of the requested item.
When an item you requested is available, you will be notified by email, phone, or text message.
- Because there is more than one library location, please note where the item is being held for you.
- Please pick up requested items within 7 days.
Check regularly for open positions at the Libraries of Stevens County.
We add new book titles to our catalog every day!
Browse new titles by category to find fresh new reads!
There are 8 library locations within Stevens County, as well as an administrative location.
- All of the library locations have book returns where materials may be left when the library is closed, even if the item is overdue.
- As of January 1, 2011, the library does not charge fines for overdue items, but will charge the cost of items that are lost, damaged or not returned.
You can help the Libraries of Stevens County by donating to the Libraries of Stevens County Foundation.
Have another question?
Let us know, and we’ll do our best to answer your query!